Terms and Conditions
1.1 Purchasing Tyres
- 1.1.1 At Rolan we want our customers to be completely satisfied with their purchase.
- 1.1.2 Our goods come with warranties and guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. If there is anything in these Terms and Conditions that is inconsistent with the Australian Consumer Law, the Australian Consumer Law shall prevail.
1.2 Pre Purchase
- 1.2.1 We endeavour to do our very best to describe the item listed.
- 1.2.2 There may be some errors or mis-descriptions. If you become aware of such an error or mis-description, please notify us immediately and do not rely on the error or mis-description.
- 1.2.3 Please ensure that the goods are suitable for your requirements and that you make all enquiries before you place the order.
- 1.2.4 Please call our customer service team who can assist you with your enquiries on any of our goods, especially if you are unsure if the goods are suitable or require some clarification.
- 1.3.1 All orders are classed as an offer by you to purchase the goods for the price (including the delivery and other charges) shown on this site at the time you place your order.
- 1.3.2 By placing your order, you acknowledge that you are offering to agree to pay for and accept delivery of the goods ordered.
- 1.3.3 Once we receive and confirm your order, the contract is not completed until your payment has been received and the goods are delivered to you.
- 1.3.4 Title to the goods purchased from Rolan does not pass from Rolan to you until we have received payment in full for the goods.
- 1.3.5 All risk in the goods passes to you upon delivery to the address provided by you.
- 1.3.6 If you wish to cancel your order, we retain discretion whether or not to accept your request to cancel the order and if we approve your request for the cancellation of the order and process a refund, we will charge you a fee of up to 20% on the total order amount. We will only accept returned items if they are still in a good condition as assessed by Rolan. See Clause 1.1 of our Refunds and Returns Policy.
- 1.3.7 Rolan may change the prices published on the website at any time. Prices of goods placed in your order but not paid for are also subject to change and you agree to pay the price current at the time of payment. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of prices, images and information displayed on the website, Rolan is not responsible for any error and reserves the right to accept or reject your offer for any reason, including, and without limitation, the unavailability of any goods, an error in the price, an error in the image or the description of the goods posted on this website, or an error in your order.
- 1.3.8 PayPal Payments may be subject to 3-4 days processing before the order is shipped.
- 1.3.9 Please be aware that we are not responsible for any charges of the credit provider where the purchase is made by credit card.
2.1 Price Match Guarantee
2.1.1 Rolan is committed to providing its customers with the lowest possible prices. If a customer finds an identical item advertised by a competitor at a lower price, Rolan will beat that price by 3%, subject to the following terms:
- i. The competitor must be a registered Australian business, with an Australian Business Number;
- ii. The item advertised by the competitor must be available to be delivered by Rolan from the same location, as the location of the competitor’s product. Rolan will not price match on items that must be shipped by Rolan from other towns, cities or states;
- iii. The item advertised by the competitor must be identical to the item available from Rolan, in brand, model, condition, quality and colour, and must be less than four years old;
- iv. Rolan must have the item in stock and available for delivery at the time of purchase;
- v. Deliveries of the item will be made within metropolitan areas only.
- vi. The competitor’s advertised price must be current as at the date of purchase, and must be inclusive of GST, taxes and delivery and freight fees and charges;
- vii. The customer must provide confirmation of the competitor’s advertised price, including but not limited to, a link to the competitor’s website or a catalogue or newspaper advertisement;
2.1.2 Rolan will not compete with a competitor’s price if:
- i. The price is not available to the general public;
- ii. The price is advertised only as part of a cash back, loyalty reward or coupon offer, or for the redemption of frequent flyer miles, or the like.
- iii. The price is available only on items purchased in bulk or commercial quantities.
- iv. The price is only available on the sale of display stock, second-hand stock, ex-demo, trade or factory seconds, or refurbished or repaired lines or items.
- v. The price is reduced only as a result of a mistake or misprint on the part of the competitor.
- vi. The price cannot be verified through reasonable means.
- 2.1.3 The price match guarantee cannot be claimed in conjunction with any other offer from Rolan.
- 2.1.4 The price match guarantee is not available to trade buyers, wholesalers, importers, warehouses, auctioneers and auction sites, deal websites or duty free purchasers.
2.1.5 Rolan reserves the right to:
- i. To terminate or amend the price match guarantee at any time, without notice;
- ii. To vary the amount by which it has stated it will beat competitors’ prices; and
- iii. To refuse to match a competitor’s price, at its discretion.
3. Rolan Warranty
3.1 Rolan Warranty Details
- 3.1.1 The Rolan Warranty will be in place for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase, for tyres not more than 4 years old, calculated from the production date of the tyre.
- 3.1.2 The onus of determining the date of production of the tyre or tyres from the relevant manufacturer or manufacturers lies solely with the purchaser. Rolan and its servants or agents bare no responsibility for the determination of the production date of the tyre or tyres, as the purchaser must make his or her own enquiries.
- 3.1.3 All tyres sold by Rolan have warranty extended to the original purchaser only, to cover conditions that are reasonably considered to have been within the manufacturer’s control, such as the quality of materials and/or workmanship.
3.2 Rolan Limitations
- 3.2.1 The Rolan Warranty does not cover conditions that are not considered to have been within the manufacturer’s control, including irregular wear attributed to a lack of tyre maintenance or vehicle condition, damage due to accidents and/or damage due to vandalism or being driven on while flat.
- 3.2.2 Out of balance or out of round adjustments will only be accepted during the first 1mm of original tread depth. Original usable tread is defined as the original tread down to 1.6mm remaining tread, at which time the product is considered worn-out.
- 3.2.3 When the good is judged defective, pro-rata compensation will be made for the remaining tread depth as against the original tread depth.
- 3.2.4 The customer must produce the purchase receipt upon notifying Rolan of an Rolan Warranty claim.
- 3.2.5 All Rolan Warranty claims are subject to an inspection of the goods by Rolan should Rolan so require.
- 3.2.6 Where the customer notifies us of an Rolan Warranty claim, we will charge the customer postage costs to send the goods back to us. The postage costs will be refundable if there is found to be a claim.
- 3.2.7 Rolan retains discretion as to if, how, and when, the inspection occurs. Rolan and/or the manufacturer will determine at no cost to the customer the cause of the fault within a reasonable time frame.
- 3.2.8 Adjustments are subject to the Rolan Warranty being valid and in effect at the time the goods were purchased.
3.3 Rolan Exclusions
- 3.3.1 Rolan Warranties do not cover damage due to road hazards (e.g. cut, snag, bruise, impact or puncture).
- 3.3.2 Rolan Warranties do not cover damage due to: improper fitment & mounting; misalignment; improper inflation; overloading; wheel imbalance; theft; defective mechanical conditions such as brakes, shock absorber or rims; wreck or collision; and wilful damage or abuse.
- 3.3.3 Rolan Warranties do not cover damage due to use of an improper inner tube.
- 3.3.4 All obligations and/or liabilities for incidental or consequential damage are hereby excluded.
- 3.3.5 Rolan Warranties do not cover instances of goods causing damage to persons and/or property.
- 3.3.6 Rolan Warranties do not extend to any loss or damage that the customer has caused or contributed to.
3.4 Extended Warranty
- 3.4.1 Rolan also offers customers the option to purchase an Extended Warranty for a period of 3 years from the date of purchase.
- 3.4.2 The Extended Warranty is only available for products which are no older than 5 years, calculated from their production date, and is available to customers who purchase Rolan products on the Rolan website only.
- 3.4.3 The customer must retain a copy of the Tax Invoice for the purchase of the tyres and the Extended Warranty, and must present the Tax Invoice upon returning the item under the Extended Warranty.
- 3.4.4 The Extended Warranty is subject to the same limitations and exclusions as the standard 12 month Warranty.
6.1 Installer Disclaimer
- 6.1.1 Rolan has listed some installers on its website so as to provide the customer with the details of a service provider who can install the tyres on the customer’s vehicle.
- 6.1.2 The customer acknowledges that whilst Rolan has listed the installer on this website, Rolan has no control over the installer, nor can Rolan monitor the installer, and Rolan makes no representations about the installer.
- 6.1.3 Customers undertake to take all steps to ensure the suitability of the installer and release and indemnify Rolan from any acts or omissions of the installer and Rolan accepts no responsibility for the same.
7.1 Termination and Indemnity
- 7.1.1 Your ability to purchase goods from Rolan may be terminated by Rolan at any time without notice and you hereby release and indemnify Rolan from all liability arising out of or in connection with the Termination.