Our No Regrets Returns Policy is all about making it easier for you to experiment and try something different.
Whether your purchases are made in a Myer store or through Myer’s online channels, our No Regrets Returns Policy makes returns simple. For your convenience, our merchandise may be exchanged or returned at any of our stores nationally.
Our policy does not exclude or replace your rights given under Australian Consumer Law and regulations.
CHANGE OF MIND
If you have changed your mind and you are able to provide satisfactory proof of purchase, Myer may offer you an exchange or refund provided that the merchandise:
– is in saleable condition
– is unworn or unused with all original, sealed packaging and tags attached
– is not subject to the exclusions listed below; and
– the exchange or refund is sought within a reasonable period of time (in most cases a reasonable period of time is deemed to be 30 days)
If you are unable to provide satisfactory proof of purchase, Myer at its absolute discretion reserves the right not to offer a refund for change of mind. In such cases, Myer may provide you in its absolute discretion, an exchange to the current value of the merchandise.
Myer is not required to provide you with a copy of your original receipt to facilitate an exchange, refund, insurance or warranty claim.
Please choose carefully when purchasing the following merchandise as change of mind returns will not be provided on:
– Custom made, monogrammed, personalised, and altered products
– Delivered large electrical, Big & Bulky items, Furniture or Mattresses (refer to Customer Order Form for further conditions)
– Gift Cards or vouchers, iTunes music cards and third party gift and recharge cards
– Pierced jewellery
– Perishable goods such as flowers or food
- Purchases made for the Give Registry
- Tesla Products
- Any merchandise where the GST has been claimed under the Tourist Refund Scheme, unless proof of repayment of the GST upon return to Australia is provided
PROOF OF PURCHASE
Returns, refunds, exchanges or repair requests must be accompanied by any one of the following proof of purchase documents:
– Original register receipt (an electronic or photograph will be accepted)
– Online Tax Invoice (order confirmations will not be accepted)
– Original return/exchange receipt/gift receipt
– Financial Statement (i.e bank statement, credit card statement)
If you believe an item is faulty, you may have rights to a remedy under the Australian Consumer Law. These rights are not impacted by the change of mind policy or limited by a defined timeframe.
However the Australian Consumer Law does recognise that the relevant time period may vary by product (or service) depending on the nature of the goods (or service), the price paid and any representations made about the goods (or service).
Where you believe an item is faulty, it may be necessary for us to send your goods to the manufacturer or their service agent for it to be assessed within a reasonable period of time. If there is a major failure with the item, you may choose a refund, exchange or repair. If the failure is minor, we will repair the item (or, at our discretion, we may replace the item or refund you) within a reasonable time.
Where an item is damaged through misuse or abnormal use, Myer will not provide a refund, exchange or repair.
Myer will require satisfactory proof of purchase before providing a remedy under the Australian Consumer Law.
Refunds for all purchases instore and Myer online channels will be given using your original payment method (online purchases will automatically be refunded to the account used to pay), except in the following circumstances:
– Where a credit or debit card was used to make the purchase, the cardholder and the same card must also be present, otherwise a Myer Returns Card will be provided.
– If the purchase was made by Gift Card (including Coles Group & Myer gift cards), Award Points or a Gift Receipt is presented, a Myer Returns Card will be issued (unless otherwise required by law).
Myer Returns Cards and Gift Cards cannot be exchanged for a different brand, denomination
or type of Gift Card or for another tender or discount.
GIFT OR BONUS WITH PURCHASE OFFERS AND BUNDLED ITEMS
Where merchandise is purchased with a gift or bonus offer, the gift or bonus must also be returned (unless otherwise stated). If you are unable to return the gift or bonus or it is not in saleable condition, the value of any available refund will be reduced by the value of the gift or bonus.
In the instance of bundle offers, all items within the bundle must also be returned or the value of the unreturned items will be deducted from any available refund.
BONUS GIFT CARD WITH PURCHASE
Where a bonus Gift Card is issued at the time of purchase, the bonus Gift Card must also be returned with the merchandise to qualify for a full exchange or refund. Where the bonus Gift Card has been fully or partially redeemed, the amount redeemed will be deducted from any available refund.
PRIVACY WHEN MAKING A RETURN
Myer is committed to protecting your privacy. You may be asked to present photo identification so that we can record your name, identification type, identification number and expiry date and verify your signature. Acceptable identification must also include your full name with a future expiry date.
For example, Australian Driver’s Licence or Passport.
Please note, when returning merchandise totalling $1,000 or more and requesting a Tax Adjustment Note, your name, address and ABN (if applicable) will be required.
Information collected will be securely stored for a reasonable period of time. It may be used for fraud protection activities and for the purpose of Myer research and analysis. It may be disclosed to state and territory departments upon request, as required by law.
If you wish to access your information held by Myer in relation to returns, please contact the Myer Customer Service Centre on 1800 811 611.