Returns & Warranties
We are proud of the products we sell and we hope you have a great experience. If you believe a product you purchased from the Canon Australia eBay Store is defective, then you may have a right of return and/or other remedies under either our voluntary warranty (please refer below or to your Warranty Card) and/or the Consumer Guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law - see consumerlaw.gov.au. For warranty claims or claims under the Australian Consumer Law, please refer to Canon Manufacturer’s Warranty for Canon-branded Consumer Imaging Products below.
14 Day Peace of Mind Policy
Purchase a product from the Canon Australia eBay Store and if you change your mind or if you decide the product isn’t quite what you’re looking for, you may return it to us within 14 days of receiving your goods for a full refund. Please note, terms and conditions apply for 14 day returns.
Excluded Products under the 14 Day Peace of Mind Policy are:
- Projectors, Smart boards and Network cameras;
- Refurbished and box-damaged products;
Refurbished and box-damaged products being sold may have cosmetic variations. All refurbished and box-damaged items have been checked by the Canon Service team and there should be no impact on the functionality of the product. We cannot accept refunds based on appearance of these products.
- Consumables such as paper, ink cartridges, toner and projector lamps.
Damaged Goods / Dead on Arrival (DOA)
If your product is faulty or arrives damaged then contact us via Canon Australia eBay message centre to arrange collection of the goods for inspection. Pending confirmation that goods are faulty or damaged due to no fault of your own, we will offer you a choice of a replacement or a refund.
In some cases, we may need to contact you to ask for further information.
Wrong Goods Supplied
If the product(s) you receive is different from the product(s) listed on the receipt (emailed to you immediately after completion of the online order) contact us via Canon Australia eBay message centre to arrange for collection of the incorrect items and we will ship out the missing goods.
Order Cancellations and Refunds
For information on order cancellations and refunds, please refer to ‘Cancellation’ section under Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions of 14 Day Peace of Mind Policy
- Subject to the following terms and conditions (these Terms and Conditions), customers who purchase a product from the Canon Australia eBay Store (Customer) may return the product to Canon Australia for change of mind.
- Instructions on how to redeem the 14 Day Peace of Mind Policy form part of these Terms and Conditions. Canon reserves the right to reject claims that are not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- To redeem the 14 Day Peace of Mind Policy, Customer must contact Canon Australia within 14 days of receiving the goods, in accordance with the Return Process below.
- Customer must return the full product purchased, including all accessories and any bonus items received with the product, if applicable. Kits or bundles cannot be divided and must be returned in full.
- The product being returned must be un-used and in re-sellable condition and the packaging must be undamaged. In the event you change your mind and the product packaging has been damaged, and/or the product has been used, Canon is unable to offer a refund under the 14 Day Peace of Mind Policy.
- Consumables (such as paper, ink cartridges, toners and projector lamps), refurbished and box-damaged products, projectors and network cameras, and eGift Cards are excluded and cannot be returned under this Policy.
- This Policy is only for purchases made via the Canon Australia eBay Store. Customer is responsible for all postage and costs associated with the return.
- Customers are responsible for tracking their returns back to Canon Australia. Canon Australia is not responsible for any returns that are not received.
- Canon reserves the right at any time to verify the validity of the claim and Customer’s identity. Failure to provide proof of purchase when requested may result in your claim being rejected.
- Refunds will be processed upon receipt of Customer’s product and paid to the credit card or refunded using the same payment method used for the original purchase.
- Customer should allow up to 14 business days from receipt of the returned items for refunds to be processed.
- The Canon Australia eBay Store is operated by Canon Australia Pty Ltd (Canon) of Building A, The Park Estate, 5 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113.
Within 14 days of receiving the goods, contact us via the Canon Australia eBay message centre to determine if you are eligible to return the goods under the 14 Day Peace of Mind Policy.
If you are eligible to redeem the 14 Day Peace of Mind Policy, Canon Customer Care will provide you with Canon Australia eBay Store 14 Day Peace of Mind Returns Form, Return Address Label Form and issue a refund order number.
Please quote your refund order number along with eBay order Item ID #’s for the products being returned on the Canon Australia eBay Store 14 Day Peace of Mind Returns Form. Completed forms must be inserted inside each carton being returned.
Please complete the Return Address Label Form and attach it to the outside of each returning carton.
Please note: Each product being returned has to be in its original packaging and placed in a separate shipping box. DO NOT attach the Return Address Label Form directly on the product box.
Post the product back to Canon Australia to the address provided by Canon Customer Care.
Your refund will be processed upon Canon’s receipt of your product and paid to your credit card or your PayPal account. Please note, this may take up to 14 business days for your refund to be processed.
Canon Manufacturer’s Warranty for Canon-Branded Consumer Imaging Products
(applies to purchases made on or after 20 July 2015)
This warranty applies to Canon consumer products (Products) that are purchased in Australia or New Zealand from Canon Australia Pty Ltd or Canon New Zealand Limited (Canon) or their respective authorised distributors, dealers or retailers.
Canon-branded products purchased from other sources (including ‘grey’, ‘parallel’ or ‘direct’ imports) are not covered by this warranty. These products may come with a different warranty offered by the retailer or relevant sales company based in another country.
You will need proof of purchase to make a warranty claim so please keep your receipt and warranty card safe. You can also register your product on our website as a record of your purchase. Visit https://www.canon.com.au/support
You have rights under applicable Australia and New Zealand consumer laws.
For goods supplied in Australia only: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For goods supplied in New Zealand only: This warranty applies in addition to your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. Further information on the Consumer Guarantees Act is available from Consumer Affairs.
Canon Manufacturer’s Warranty
In addition to your consumer rights, Canon offers the following manufacturer’s warranty:
- With normal use and service, during the Warranty Period stated below, Canon warrants the Products will be free from defects arising wholly or substantially from faulty parts, manufacture and workmanship:
Product: purchased new and unused
Warranty Period(from date of purchase)
|Projector Products (excluding lamps) and standard accessories||36 months|
|Projector Lamps||6 months|
|Image Stabilizer binoculars||24 months|
|IP/Network Video Cameras||24 months|
|Interchangeable and fixed lens cameras||24 months|
|Cinema EOS products||24 months|
|Canon camera lens||24 months|
|Digital Video Cameras||24 months|
|PIXMA PRO Range||24 months|
|All other consumer products and their standard Canon accessories||12 months|
- Canon’s warranty does not cover:
- replacing consumables including print heads, drums, lamps, film, ink, toner and paper;
- rubber rollers in scanners; or
- any software included with the Products.
- normal wear and tear;
- damage caused outside Canon’s control such as accidents, vandalism or burglary;
- your negligent or improper use of the Products including failing to follow operating instructions;
- leaking batteries;
- liquid exposure (except water for waterproof Products) or infiltration of foreign particles;
- repairs or modification of the Products except by Canon, or its authorised service agents;
- using unsuitable ink or toner or other materials in the Products;
- using any accessories, supplies, parts or devices (including batteries, tapes/cards, lenses and flash attachments) not conforming to Canon’s specifications; or
- shipping or other transit.
Making a Warranty Claim
The process for making a claim may differ for some products. Please see the Claims Process below.
- Projectors (only those purchased in Australia):
- Document Scanners*, Faxes** and Micrographics (only those purchased in Australia):
To make a claim notify Canon as soon as possible by contacting us via the Canon Australia eBay message centre.
You may be asked to provide a written description of the problem, images or other relevant material. Remember, please have your proof of purchase ready. The service team will try to troubleshoot the problem with you first.
If your projector problem cannot be rectified over the phone, Canon will organise for it to be collected and a replacement model will be delivered to you upon receipt. Ownership of the faulty projector will pass to Canon upon receipt by Canon or its agents. Replacement projectors will be the same and/or equivalent projector model, subject to availability. The replacement model may be a new or refurbished ‘as new’ unit projector, determined at the discretion of Canon.
(please note – Canon will pay for courier costs to pick up any faulty units as identified by our customer care trouble shooting team, however costs for unmounting projectors and/or securely and safely packaging them for safe travel back to Canon is at the cost of the end user)
* Does not apply to P Series Scanners
** Applies only to those models of laser faxes that can also be used as stand-alone printers
To make a claim, notify Canon as soon as possible by contacting us via the Canon Australia eBay message centre. You may be asked to provide a written description of the problem, images or other relevant material. The service team may try to troubleshoot the problem with you first. Remember, please have your proof of purchase ready.
If the warranty claim is accepted Canon will, at its cost, repair or replace any faulty parts or rectify any faulty workmanship.
Where the Product is located:
- within a 25km radius of a Canon Direct Service Centre:
- outside a 25km radius: a fee will be charged for provision of on-site warranty services.
Warranty repairs will be carried out on-site by Canon or Canon authorised service agents; and Canon will use its best endeavours to carry out such repairs by the end of the day after Canon receives notice of the warranty claim (except that this period shall not include weekends or public holidays).
To make a claim, notify Canon as soon as possible by contacting us via the Canon Australia eBay message centre. You can also email Canon Australia by submitting an enquiry at: https://www.canon.com.au/support You can email Canon New Zealand at: firstname.lastname@example.org or see: https://www.canon.com.au/support/warranty-and-care-packs (Australia) or https://www.canon.co.nz/support/warranty (New Zealand).
You may be asked to provide a written description of the problem, images or other relevant material. The service team may try to troubleshoot the problem with you first. Remember, please have your proof of purchase ready. If we need to examine the Product then, except as otherwise required by consumer law, you must pay for all packing, freight and insurance costs to ship the Product to Canon or its authorised service agent.
If Canon accepts your warranty claim, we will, at our cost (and subject to your rights under consumer law) repair or replace any faulty parts or rectify any faulty workmanship, and return the Product to you.
If your warranty claim is not accepted, Canon or its authorised service agents may still be able to resolve your problem, where that service is charged at our standard rates (only with your prior approval).